Our enquiries for Term 5:
"What grows around me?" This term we are looking at what trees and flowers grow around us. We will be looking at the different parts of a plant and their functions.
"How do we move around?" We will be learning different skills, for example, cutting, shaping, joining and finishing. We will be creating moving pictures, using mechanisms (levers and joints) and will be evaluating our designs.
Maths - Term 5
This term we are looking at
- adding and subtracting 1 digit numbers
- time - days of the week and months of the year
- telling the time to the hour and half past the hour
Literacy - Term 5
This term we are looking at the stories "oliver's vegetables" "Oliver's fruit salad" and "Supertato". We will be
- using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- writing instructions, using verbs
- using adjectives and alliteration
- editing our work to improve our writing
- writing captions
Robin Class Proud Wall
Dragonflies Class Proud Wall
These are our proud walls – children's work is celebrated on display in our classrooms.
In our enquiry, "What grows near me?" We started with a seed investigation.
We planted beans in clear cups so we can watch how they grow. I wonder what part of the plant will grow first!
As part of our enquiry this term we have been Artists. We made observational drawings of a flower and sketched this into a polystyrene square and then using printing paint we made a print on a white sheet.